How to Find your Library Website
Did you know that parents can access our school library catalog and online resources from home?
- Begin at portal.lps.org
- Enter your student’s ID and password (If you don’t have this information, the school office can provide it for you).
- Select “Library Website” from the alphabetical listing in the portal.
- Once you arrive at the library website, select Destiny Discover for the online catalog or choose the Home Access tab or Home Access button to explore other resources.
Digital Citizenship Tips: Zoom Etiquette for Remote Learners
- Teach your student how to mute and unmute themselves and talk about when it is appropriate to do so.
- Make sure to mute when the teacher is giving instructions.
- Unmute to respond to teacher requests.
- Use the raised hand signal in the chatbox or chat in Zoom to get the teachers attention and wait to be called upon.
- Participate with your teacher. Answer questions and participate in breakout rooms.
- Make sure you have a home “classroom” for learning where your student can sit at a table or desk with good lighting and minimal distractions. Have supplies including your Chromebook charger nearby and handy.
|Keeping Track of Library Books|
Would you like to help your student keep track of the books they have checked out from the school library? Here’s how: Begin at portal.lps.or enter your student’s ID and password (If you don’t have this information, the school office can provide it for you). Select “Destiny Discover” from the alphabetical listing in the portal. From the upper right-hand corner of the screen, select login and select Log in using your account with New LPS Portal. In the upper left-hand corner of the Destiny, Discover page select the icon with the three parallel lines. Select “Checkout” from the dropdown menu to see the books that are currently checked out. Remember that some of the books that your student has returned won’t disappear from their list of checkouts right away because they are being quarantined for 72 hours.
Digital Citizenship Tips: At the beginning of the school year all LPS students review Chromebook expectations and the Responsible Use Agreement (RUA) for Chromebook use. Click here to learn more about Chromebook use in LPS and to review the expectations outlined in the RUA. Here are some questions to start a conversation at home about Chromebook expectations: How do you take care of your Chromebook? When can you use your Chromebook? What settings can you change on your Chromebook?